July 19, 2013

That single girl

I have sympathy for that single girl in her mid 30’s. You know the one, who has to endure each and every holiday being asked over and over “When are you going to get married?” Each time she answers with “I haven’t found the right guy” a little piece of her heart breaks and she feels a little lonelier. Do her family and friends think that she hasn’t tried? Do they think love is something you pick up at the store? She’s gone on dates and she’s tried singles events but she just doesn’t seem to get that second or third date penciled in. She watches her nieces and nephews birthday’s fly by and the thought of not even having a man in her life weighs on her more and more. She smiles and tries to laugh it off when her grandma has “the talk” with her, saying that she won’t be around forever, as if somehow laying on the guilt will make her find Mr. Right. No one knows that she goes home alone and hurt. While she desperately wants to settle down she can’t make someone love her.


I feel for her because this is how I feel every time someone asks me when I’m going to have another baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment