September 20, 2013

Maybe I did it wrong?

This is the story of a young me and my new baby girl. It starts in 2007, October 26th to be exact. After a quick c section I had my baby in my arms. I held her and I vowed to care for her in the best way I could. I vowed to always do what was best for her, even if it was hard for me. I had read all the books but I brushed most of it off as nonsense and made a decision to do what worked best for my little family.

"Don't let your baby cry during the night?" Please. Like I want to be one of those people who sleeps with their toddler because I've coddled her since birth and she can't sleep on her own.

"Spanking is the worst trauma you can subject your child to?" Really this one was a poorly written statement with a hippie behind the pen. We're talking about a quick open handed smack on a padded behind. I have spanked Bells on several occasions because I refuse to have a disrespectful brat grow into a disrespectful teenager and then a useless adult. 

"Never use tv as a babysitter, it can stunt their development!" Ha! Clearly the writer of this one doesn't have any kids. TV was and always will be a babysitter in my house. Not the go to a movie be home later kind of sitter, the one who will entertain my little girl while I prepare dinner on my own, or the one who will keep her occupied while I sit and suffer the anguish of an RA flare.

Because I've ignored these simple rules and many many more throughout Isabella's 6 years I now have a little girl who hates and resents me... wait no that's not right, my daughter respects and listens to me and is polite and mindful of others. Maybe I did it wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment